Technology Solutions – Point-of-Sales Systems
- Reduce Wastage – since inventory quantities are tracked in real time, understanding shrinkage becomes easier. Every modern POS system includes receiving and inventory functions. Proper use of these functions helps pinpoint the causes of inventory loss, reduces “out of stock” conditions and makes overall business management easier.
- Manage Specials – POS systems automate the process of tracking current and marked down pricing. Discounts, coupons and promotions are often critical to attracting and retaining business. POS systems excel at managing and reconciling short-term discounting automatically.
- Maintain Control – Many business owners discover that efficiency and customer service suffer when they’re not on site. POS systems give you the ability to track volume and performance when you’re not on the floor or you’re busy with other tasks.
- Improve Efficiency – POS systems allows your staff to tend to revenue generating tasks such as helping customers. It eliminates the need to double-check inventory disparities and cash register reconciliation. POS systems dramatically reduce the effort required to do inventory and other repetitive paperwork. Improved efficiency means higher customer satisfaction, lower costs and higher sales.
- Timely and Accurate Reports – POS systems give you the ability to analyze sales data. You can measure the effectiveness of pricing or advertising campaign. You’ll know what items need to be ordered and in what quantity. You can identify high margin items and promote them further. You can easily calculate daily gross revenue, cost and profit. Historical data analysis helps to forecast your future needs.
- Improve Customer Satisfaction – Using a POS system with barcode scanner will significantly speed up the check-out process. It gives you the ability to recognize your best customers and reward them for their patronage. It can easily collect customer data (from credit card transactions) that you can use for targeted advertising and incentive programs.
- Manage Using Remote Access – Many POS system software packages give you the ability to manage the system while mobile. Whether you’re traveling between stores or taking a day off, remote access gives you the ability to see what’s going on at the location and take action when needed.
- Flexible Expansion Options – Most POS system software gives you the ability to add registers and administration computers. If you have an eye to expansion, make sure that you can connect the multiple stores via the web or other connection method. This will allow you to use a single system to manage all your locations.